Thursday, March 27, 2008

New books from former Sofer faculty members

Alan Shapiro has a new book of poetry, Old War. Here's a link to it on Amazon. I've loved everything I've read in it so far, and was especially excited to read "Egg Rolls," a poem he shared at his reading last year. Adam Langer's novel is also just out. Here's a link to it on Amazon. I'll be getting to it soon. Have you read either of these? I also saw that Jennifer Gilmore sold her second book and that it will be out next year. Good luck to all of our faculty alumni!

1 comment:

Mikki Mendelsohn said...

I read Alan's book- twice- it is so different from his other poetry. My book is coming out in the endof july- CHASING MOONBEAMS- autobiographical- mostly and narrative poetry (think Sharon Olds). it will be on Amazon- Mikki